Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Am Me




Sometimes...
We get caught up -
Lost -
In the analyzing of the whys and hows in life...

We get burnt along the way,
And many of us never ever...
Even try to heal...

I can't speak for anyone except myself -
Me -

All that I possess -
And control...
In this life...
I am me...

No better...
Or worse...
Than any other...
In this world...

If I am kind -
I am not wanting anything in return...

If I lift you up along the way -
My sole expectation is that you...
Or someone like you...
Will maybe lift me up when I too have fallen...

If I say I love you,
You hopefully can see within my eyes
That my words are the reflection of my heart...

And soul...

I am me...

I ask for nothing except to see me as just that...
One person...
Trying his best to make my world a better place...
One day at a time...

Look beyond the tattoos...
Beyond the scars...
Beyond my time in prison...
Beyond what I had been...

And maybe...
You will see...

That I am just me...

-ne033x

No comments:

Post a Comment