Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pacing The World - Back And Forth

amor vincit omnia from ne033x on Vimeo.




There was a time...

A world away...
It seems today...

I spent twenty four very long months in a cold and lonely place...

Like a caged animal...
I found myself pacing back and forth...
And I talked to no one...
But myself...

And I dreamed...
The dreams to take me away from that man-made hell...

Lunacy had a name often...
And it was me...

Yet...
One single vision kept me sane...
That oneday I would escape this hell...
Oneday I would be free of this prison...

Oneday...

I would walk under blue skies again...
I would smell the sweet smell of the summer forest...
I would feel gentle blades of grass under my feet...
The sun kissing my skin...
And I walked the ten feet -
back and forth -

and again...

For twenty four long months
I tried to sing songs from my youth...
Often crying because I forgot the words...

And oh did I dream...

Oneday...

I would hold my lover in my arms...
I would look deeply in her eyes...
And I would whisper in her ears...
"I love you so much."...

I saw our children grow...
Together...

And it was these dreams...
That kept me going...

And...
Years later...
I walked out of that cold and lonely prison cell...

I held my love in my two arms...
I whispered the words:
"I love you" to her soul...

And on a dark summer day...
I heard back...
From some faraway place...

My love...
Had been in an accident...

"Danny, she didn't make it."...

And...
Though the next few years were hazy...
There came a day...
While pacing the world...
Back and forth...

I stopped to thank God...
For the dream...
That had kept me alive...

And I whispered on a passing current of wind...
"I love you so very much...

Still...
And for even a moment...
I am so thankful to have been loved...
By you."...

And...
I no longer pace...
Back and forth...

I walk...
And I still dream...

And I can smile again...

Thankful...
For that moment in time...
With you...

My dear Jeannie Anne...

-Danny Watson aka ne033x

No comments:

Post a Comment