Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Voice Of An Angel




I commited so much crime,
It was pretty much like a flood...
And then one day i shot the wrong way
And I shed an innocent person's blood...

Now, the cops had me surrounded
There was nowhere I could go...
So, I threw down my gun
And got on the ground real low...

Well, they cuffed me and they stuffed me,
And then they hauled me away...
And they locked me in an ice cold cell
Until my trial day...

Now, the courts proved I was a terrible person,
You see...
So, the jury found me guilty
And the judge threw the book at me...

The sentence I received was harsh,
he gave me twenty-five to life...
I knew right then and there,
I've lost my children and my wife...

So, from that moment on
It seemed like all I could do was cry...
Because everything I love I've lost
And I just wanted to die...

Then I heard this voice
Ask me why I'm falling apart...
I said, because I'm lost and alone,
There's emptiness in my heart...

This voice said, If I accept Jesus as my savior,
Then he will come to be...
The one who fills my heart with love
And truly sets me free..

So, I listened to this voice
And I did everything just right...
And before I fell asleep
The Lord came to me that night...

And now that he has set me free
And helped lift me from my hell...
I owe a thanks
To the voice of an angel in my cell...


by Robert A. Vorce aka Tony
(written at OSP - Oregon State Penitentiary - 2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment