Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Autumn Winds



I walked to the edge
Of a world I called my home,
And under a starry sky I sat beneath
A bright full moon.
I thought to capture a moment in my hands,
To merely hold it for a time;
But the tears that fell in silence
Said I'd have to leave it all behind.
I heard the Autumn winds begin to blow
Softly through the tears nearby,
And from somewhere in the distance a song
About another dream that had to die.
A falling star fell to the Earth tonight,
And my wish was heard by none;
For I looked in the distance for an angel
That I knew would never come.
And I raised my hands to Heaven,
Opening my palms to the moon above;
And the Autumn winds took away the summer
And the moment that I felt love.


by Danny Watson aka ne033x

No comments:

Post a Comment