Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Addiction




Blindness.
A cloud of ignorance encompasses me.
Nothing can distract me from my dream.

Nothing... except -
The newfound hope of a better future
That overshadows previous fantasy.

Looking back, it's somewhat sad -
Everything that could have happened, but didn't,
Everything I was missing over the past four years.

True, there's anger - there's hurt.
But only for a while. Now I focus
On the wonderful blessings God has given me.

What I have now is *wholesome*,
And infinitely more worthwhile
Than anything I imagined I *might* obtain.

I was infatuated to the point of stupidity,
And would sacrifice anything for slim possibility...
Because I believe in miracles.

*Yes*, I believe in miracles -
The miracle that I could want something better for me,
And that my addiction paved the way for my brighter future.


by Amandanette

No comments:

Post a Comment