Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Three Poems By Melvin Speight



Queries

What is good without bad
rich without poor
What is hate without love
and things we adore
What is life without death
and dreams without consciousness
What is time without spending
beginnings without endings
What are eyes without sight
sun without shine
What are thoughts
without thinking
that just sit idle
in the mind?

The Carry Over

My thoughts lie
beyond my presence
but are not fixated
on heaven or hell
nor stay stuffed
in a cell
I like to look
within a book
and instantly travel
despite the gavel
that ended my movements
here without stimuli
some men lose it
while others
find it amusing
and although sadness never stops short
keep in mind
wrongs never get righted
without our support.

Replenish

If I could see
the wind
to befriend
its breeze
dive falling forever
into the sea
or lay on golden brown leafs
at ease
counting every cloud
in the sky
I see
I think that birth
a whole new me.


By: Melvin Speight, CC 6923
175 Progress Drive
Waynesburg, PA 15370

No comments:

Post a Comment